Study in Ireland
In Ireland, education is not just a preparation for life – it is an integral part of it. Attending school here gives you the chance to expand your knowledge base, explore your own identity, gain valuable life lessons and create memories that will forever remain with you, and the open and hospitable Irish people will make everyone feel like they belong on the emerald island.
Admission requirements in universities in Ireland
In order to attend the majority of universities in Ireland, twelve years of secondary school is necessary along with excellent levels of English and Mathematics. An IELTS certificate is preferred though TOEFL will also be accepted. Some institutions that require non-EU applicants to do a Foundation program or study an extra year in their home country, although this is not the norm. Usually, universities have two application deadlines: an early one at the beginning of February and a standard deadline at the end of June. We always recommend applicants to start preparing for admission approximately a year before.
Documents required for Admission
For Bachelor’s Degree:
- Completed application on the university website;
- Certified high school diploma + transcript with grades;
- Language certificate IELTS or TOEFL;
- Letter of recommendation;
- Portfolio and/or interview;
- Valid Passport.
Additionally for Master’s and Doctoral studies:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s diplomas + transcript with grades;
- Proof of required work experience;
- Letters of recommendation (2-3);
- Research proposal.
All documents and/or their copies must have a certified translation into English.
Despite the ongoing pandemic, admission to foreign universities will continue under normal conditions.
Our Guidance in the admission process
We will walk you through the entire admission process: from choosing an university and preparing documents to enrollment and obtaining a visa. We are always ready to answer any questions. www.seekingadmissions.com experts will always objectively assess your situation and suggest the most suitable university options.
- A friendly and safe environment. Ireland is well-known for being a hospitable and peaceful nation. As the Global Peace Index recently attested Ireland as the 8th most safest and peaceful country. Additionally, the nation has been ranked 5th in terms of friendliness. So if you’re looking for a secure and welcoming place, then Ireland could be just what you need!
- Tradition in education excellence. Ireland’s commitment to excellence has established a well-deserved reputation for providing top-quality education. Ireland’s educational system is now among the best in the world and boasts international prestige for academic achievement. Students from around the globe can select from esteemed business schools, cutting-edge scientific and technological centers of excellence, or renowned language, humanistic and art programs to meet their educational needs.
- English-speaking country. Ireland is renowned for both its own language and distinctive cultural identity. English is the universal spoken language and is one of the reasons why this country is an ideal destination for multinational businesses who wish to set up their European base due to the universal use of English. It has also made Ireland a popular destination among international students.
- Global Companies. Ireland is an attractive destination for over 1,000 leading multinational companies! Businesses looking to hire skilled, qualified, and accomplished workforce chose to set up their European headquarter here.
Opportunity To Work While Study
A student visa enables students from other countries to work for up to 20 hours a week during studies, and on a full-time basis during vacations. An individual does not require a separate permit for employment; however, you must need a PPS number to be employed by any business. It is also necessary to open an account with an Irish bank in order to receive wages. Furthermore, many international students are also able to access internships during their studies which are not necessarily part of their compulsory program.
Lastly, for those from the European Union and European Economic Area, no restrictions apply regarding employment in Ireland.
Job Opportunities in Ireland.
- Ireland offers the perfect environment for students graduating from its universities to find a job. Even non-EU nationals have plenty of time to look for work, with twelve months following completion of a bachelor’s degree and twenty-four months after earning a master’s degree. Jobseekers from all backgrounds are welcome, as the Irish understand the value of employment and consider candidates of all nationalities on an equal basis.
- International students regularly study at universities in Ireland and there is a high concentration of international students at larger and well-reputed universities and colleges. Around 20-30% of teaching personnel at universities in Ireland are foreign nationals.